Star rating grid
Star rating grid questions allow you to measure the rating for multiple items at the same time. It is useful to create a benchmark, showing not only the best option for respondents but also the performance of multiple options.
Star rating grid question outputs
Star rating grid questions produce the following outputs:
- Descriptive statistics including minimums, means, medians, modes, maximums, standard deviations, and the top 1 to 4 boxes for each options.
- The range of possible values.
- The histogram of distribution of ratings.
- The number of participants who saw the question.
Setting up a star rating grid question
Follow these steps to set up a star rating grid question:
1. Add question
Navigate to the Add questions tab and click on the button at the bottom of the page.
On the Add or import questions pop-out, select the Add a new question tab and click on the question card to add it to the experiment.
2. Edit question options
Once you add the question, you can adjust the following settings:
- Insert the question text in the text box. You can also include formatting and images.
- To change the row text, edit the text box next to each row. To add formatting or images to each row, click on the settings for that row. Then check the “Add fancy formatting and pictures to row” checkbox. You can then add formatting or images to the row.
- Click on to add additional options.
- Set the star counts that respondents are allowed to select.
- The order in which options are shown to respondents can be set to be fixed, random, or flip (top-to-bottom and bottom-to-top).
- Tick the required question? checkbox if you would like respondents to answer this question before proceeding further.