Short text questions are useful for getting deeper insights into participants’ preferences and responses. Conjoint.ly allows you to control response quality by specifying the number of characters in answers.
Short text question outputs
Short text questions produce the following outputs:
- Word cloud showing the most frequent words.
- The full list of text responses.
- The analysis of text length (characters) that includes the descriptive statistics for the length of responses in characters.
- The analysis of text length (words) that includes the descriptive statistics for the length of responses in words.
- The number of participants who saw the question.
Setting up a short text question
Follow these steps to set up a short text question:
1. Add question
Navigate to the Add questions tab and click on the button at the bottom of the page.
On the Add or import questions pop-out, select the Add a new question tab and click on the question card to add it to the experiment.
2. Edit question options
Once you add the question, you can adjust the following settings:
- Insert the question text in the text box. You can also include formatting and images.
- Edit the number of characters respondents need input by editing the From and To fields. The default setting will be from
Any, which requires respondents to enter at least one character and no limit on the maximum characters.