Quick Feedback function
If you want to “try before you buy”, i.e. test a survey and see potential research outputs ahead of launching it with your target audience, you can use Quick Feedback to assess your survey. For a small price of $20, you can get ~50 survey takers (Amazon Mechanical Turk “workers”) to give you feedback within approximately 6 hours.
You will get:
- Example research outputs based on the settings of your experiment
- Testers’ suggestions for:
- The wording of questions, features, attributes, product descriptions
- Presentation of items (for instance, alert you when the survey is too text-heavy and requires the use of imagery)
- Informing you on how to make your survey more enjoyable so that your real respondents stay engaged
- Testers’ rating of the survey in terms of “Enjoyment”, “Recommendability”, and “Understandability”. Below is an example output of workers’ rating of one survey:
Testers will also comment on which part of the survey is “hard to understand” and “what needs improvement”. Below is an example output of the open-ended feedback:
In order get your survey tested, select the Get Quick Feedback option from Other actions in your experiment settings:
- Amazon Mechanical Turks are not representative of most target audiences.
- They are not guaranteed to be located in any particular country or to use any particular language (but most will know English).
- Some (or in rare occasions, all) feedbackers will be marked as “low quality responses”, which will give you an indication of the level of engagement your survey will evoke.
- You should only use this service for “quick-and-dirty” feedback, and not rely on any findings in the tests.