The number question type is useful to obtain numeric responses from participants. Some common examples are age, income, height, and weight.
Number question outputs
Number questions produce the following outputs:
- Descriptive statistics including the minimum, mean, 10% windsorized mean, median, mode, maximum, and standard deviation for the responses.
- The range of possible values.
- The bar chart showing the distribution of responses.
- The number of participants who saw the question.
Setting up a number question type
Follow these steps to set up a number question type:
1. Add question
Navigate to the Add questions tab and click on the button at the bottom of the page.
On the Add or import questions pop-out, select the Add a new question tab and click on the question card to add it to the experiment.
2. Edit question options
Once you add the question, you can adjust the following settings:
- Insert the question text in the text box. You can also include formatting and images.
- Tick the required question? checkbox if you would like respondents to answer this question before proceeding further.