Why is Claim test better than a ranking exercise?
Claim test is a powerful tool developed by Conjoint.ly that provides greater advantages compared to a traditional ranking exercise. A ranking exercise faces the following problems:
- We can get biased and different results because items of the same list can be ranked from highest to lowest or vice versa.
- Respondents must assess all the items on the list at the same time, making this choice exercise difficult.
- The suggested list of items to be ranked is limited to avoid fatigue on respondents.
- Distance between each score in the rating is unknown, meaning that we are unavailable to identify strong or weak preferences among options.
- Ties can’t occur in ranking exercises, opposite to reality
Moreover, Conjoint.ly’s Claim test provides accurate results and addresses those limitations that ranking exercises can’t. This methodology allows us to do multiple comparisons with some extra advantages, such as:
- Provides the ability to distinguish between different groups that are being addressed (discrimination power)
- Allows assessing a larger number of items and options
- Maintain an easy and digestible form with simple tasks for respondents
- Enhances diversity for international studies
- Eliminates scaling bias because it lacks scales
Learn more about Claim test experiments