Why is Claims Test better than a ranking exercise?
The Conjointly Claims Test is a powerful tool developed by Conjointly that provides greater advantages compared to a traditional ranking exercise.
A ranking exercise faces the following problems:
- We can get biased and different results because items of the same list can be ranked from highest to lowest or vice versa
- Respondents must assess all the items on the list at the same time, making this choice task difficult
- The suggested list of items to be ranked has to be limited to avoid fatigue on respondents
- Distance between each score in the rating is unknown, meaning that we are unavailable to identify strong or weak preferences among options
- Ties can’t occur in ranking exercises, opposite to reality
On the other hand, the Conjointly Claims Test provides accurate results and addresses those limitations. This methodology allows us to do multiple comparisons with some extra advantages, such as:
- Provides the ability to distinguish between different groups that are being addressed (discrimination power)
- Allows assessing a larger number of items and options
- Maintains an easy and digestible form for respondents
- Enhances diversity for international studies
- Significantly reduces scale bias